Old August 27th 03, 10:14 PM
Richard Clark

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 15:51:20 -0500, W5DXP
wrote:

Why do you act like it is a far out big deal?

Hi Cecil,

Are you now trying to convince us that a bajillion volts *RMS* meeting
-bajillion volts *RMS* is NOT NET 0? Those are merely the points
where the forward Poynting vector and reflected Poynting vector
are out of phase. We are dealing with component energies. The NET
energy is zero. The component energies are not zero. This would seem
to conflict with much of your wave mechanics for the last 6 months.
Shirley you cannot deny the impact of a bajillion volts *RMS* simply
because your current argument doesn't need that solution, can you? (I
guess you can.)

However, that is not to say that we didn't notice that rhetorical
slide from "could be" to the firmer "is." We can specify these
bajillion volts *RMS* with a phase of a mega-bajillion degrees (with
deliberate care to avoid problematic 179 or 181 degrees) to suit any
opportunistic need. ;-)

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC