Old February 3rd 05, 05:42 AM
T-bone

"Lou" wrote in
o.verio.net:

"T-bone" wrote in message
9.130...
"Lou" wrote in
o.verio.net:

"T-bone" wrote in message
9.130...
"Lou" wrote in
o.verio.net:

I guess those who do not reply on mass transit
could really give a **** less what the rules/laws/policies may be.
Strange. I've seen this issue debated up the ass about airplanes,
but never buses or such.

I suspect theres not a whole lot of scannists who use mass transit
much, and
don't scan when they do.
Could be wrong. Here in the Detroit area, there is no mass transit as
such.
I'm thinking, barring an occasional crash or wino on the tracks, such
monitoring would be about one step above taco belle drive through
monitoring
anyways.

WOW....... We always learn something new. I would have thought Detroit
being the "busy" place it is to be, would have mass transit.
Hmmmm.......

Thanks!

L.

Heck no - Unless you consider plain old busses mass transit.
Maybe thats what your referring to - I always think of subways and
organized trolly systems ala New York, Chicago,SF or New Orleans when I
think of mass transit.
I've been to Philly and Pittsburgh quite a few times, but don't really
recall what they have in the way of mass transit, as I've always had my
own
vehicle there.
We do have this goofy little elevated trolly called the 'people mover'
in downtown, but its 100% automated, so I doubt if theres much, if
anything, worth listening to from that.

Pittsburgh has Mass Transit in the way of all their bus routes, trolleys
and sub way systems. Still working on a Mag Lev of some sort. Magnetic
Levitation - very high speed and supported on a rail above ground - to
run a few miles between two points - unknown if they're planning stops
along the way - though I'd have to think they would! There are some
"smaller" systems around the Pittsburgh area which run people into the
city to work and such, which - believe it or not - are called or at the
least - consider themselves "mass transit". I suppose their claim is
supported by the fact that the buses do carry "masses" of people to
locations here and there. I suppose too, that is open for debate as to
whether it really is "Mass Transit". Everyone has their own way of
viewing things.

Hmmm .. Funny the things one misses out on when they're not really looking.
The only transit vehicle I road on in Pittsburgh was them little rail cars
that lug you up to the top of that big old hill near the river.
Quite a nice view from there.
Philly I've walked and drove all over the place, and don't recall seeing
anything mass transit related.

I think you're probably right about the "People mover". About as
exciting as watching cement harden. If there is any radio excitement
there to be had, chances are it would be in the form of hash of some
sort for those who like that sort of noise.

Lou

I would think the only transmissions worthy of possible interest from the
people mover would be from technicians servicing it during its frequent
breakdowns.
"Yeah,Red Fox 2 this is Blue Dog 1 ... I need another 8 inch greased nut, a
reverse flange over-drive bearing, and another box of doughnuts. Over."