Old January 3rd 05, 04:18 PM

Default I have a dumb question about antenna building

I really like to build things. I can weld even small material with a
mig welder I have at home. You mentioned building a j pole. I thought
of doing this myself. To be honest, I have always wanted to make
something, (not necessarily an antenna) that I could sell for a few
extra dollars on ebay or something. I wonder if a person could make any
money building antennas and doing that? I am not wanting to get rich
but I like building things and I could use some "pocket money". We just
had our second shild born yesterday. It is my first son!

I thought about making a j-pole out of stainless steel tubing. It seems
this would be attractive because of it being rustproof and to me more
"visably appealing" that a copper one after it become tarnished. But
some people have told me there is more resistance in stainless than
copper. SOmeone else told me it would not amount to much in ham use.

Thought about building yagis too.

The only problem would be figuring out how to ship an antenna where it
would not cost much.