Old January 3rd 05, 06:00 PM
geir knutsen

There is a few possibilities except putting an antenna in the loft. I`ve
read an article on the www amount tuning the rain gutter as an antenna.
An other option is to just put up your antenna while transmitting. The
antenna can be a telescopic 16' fishing rod with the antenna wire taped in
the bottom of each joint. An adoption of this link
http://pages.zdnet.com/radio_k7zb/id8.html

Make an STL and run it on NVIS by putting it horizontal abt 2' above the
ground. http://www.qsl.net/aa5tb/loop.html

If you have a garden get a flagpole of glass fiber and run a wire inside the
pole with an auto tuner by the base and fed by an underground coax ( the
other option is to feed it by a duplet coax and tuner inside).

If you goggle a bit on the net for "stelth antenna" you will probably find
something suitable for your needs.

Regards

Geir

"Simon Smith" wrote in message
I have been refused permission for any kind of outdoor Antenna due to the
area in which I live in the UK having "permitted development rights
removed"
I think that this may be a conservation area. Having recently passed the
foundation course I am getting impatient - and dissapointed to say the
least.
I am now faced with only one or two alternatives - an Indoor or Loft
Antenna. I realise that this may restrict me to 2m only but at least it
will be better than nothing - or to operate mobile only.
Has anyone on the group got any suggestions ? I have a fair sized loft
with approx. 2.5m headroom, which runs the whole width of the
house -almost 30ft. - is there anything I use in the loft like a loop
Antenna for instance ? Or a fixed Station Antenna ?

Thaks for your help
John
M3IIV