Old January 3rd 05, 08:31 PM
J. Mc Laughlin

Dear Rick, N6RK:

If you believe that none of the "other" analyzers will work at your site
because of the presence of strong signals from below 1700 kHz, then you
could do one of the following:

1. You could build a high-pass filter to go between analyzer and antenna
to attenuate the MF signals. I have heard of people doing this successfully
such that the filter is essentially transparent at HF.

2. You could add one or more band stop resonators that can be tuned to
number 1 and really cut down the one or two most strong broadcast signals.

3. You could search for a used or new bridge type of instrument. They
tend to be insensitive to off-frequency signals.

4. Many types of antennas will deliver little of a signal that is far
away in frequency. An inverted L is expected to deliver a lot of signal
from nearby MF stations. A balanced LPDA with a shorting strap at its far
end is expected to pick up little from vertically polarized MF stations.

Let the group know what type of antennas you wish to analyze.

73 Mac N8TT

--
J. Mc Laughlin; Michigan U.S.A.
Home:
"Rick Karlquist N6RK" wrote in message
The N2PK would be the best, except that it only runs when
connected to a laptop. I don't have a laptop, and if I did, I
wouldn't want to carry it out to the antennas, and furthermore,
laptop displays are usually not visible outdoors during daylight.
All the others don't work if you have nearby AM BCB stations
like I do.

Still looking for an antenna analyzer I can really use.

Rick N6RK