Old February 3rd 05, 03:58 PM
Lucky

wrote in message
oups.com...
I thought about getting a DSP unit as well. I haven't done it because
I've gotten conflicting reports about their effectiveness and they're
not cheap. Several people have also told me that none of these units
are yet able to equal the noise reduction capabilities of some of the
better, older analog audio filters, like the Datong models from the
1980s. Though I haven't received it yet, I did manage to get an
inexpensive Datong FL1, in good condition, off of ebay. We'll see how
it performs. It didn't cost too much, so I figure I can only be
pleasantly surprised.....

I've considered and to some extent am still considering a Clear Speech
speaker. However, no one has been able to tell me much about what the
speaker itself sounds like. It might be great at noise reduction, but
if its relatively quiet audio is of generally poor quality...well, that
wouldn't be good. What would it be like to listen to Radio Prague on
the Clear Speech?

Steve

But you can hook up extra speakers to it so you don't have to use the main
speaker all the time. I wonder if you can turn off the main speaker if
you're not using it?

Yes I'm excited. I'm still waiting on the 150 to get here! He said he sent
it out on Tues morning. I might get this week if he sent it out 2-3 Priority
mail like it said on the ad. I asked him to double box it. It came with the
keypad too. Good seller also.

Lucky