Old February 3rd 05, 04:11 PM
Mark S. Holden

Ink addict wrote:

I know this has been asked many time before but I am going to ask again. The
only place i can have an antenna at the place I live is in the same room as my
radio so I am wondering if I can run a wire around the room? Can I bend it
around the corners to make it longer or just run a staight piece along one
wall.
TIA
Bob

If you're in a wood frame building that doesn't have aluminum siding, you might
try an antenna like one of my friends has.

It's a loop of wire around the perimeter of his living room, up near the
ceiling. He uses thumb tacks or push pins every few feet to hold it up. You
can see it if you look for it, but most folks don't notice it because the he
used wire wrap wire (it's thin) and it and the pins are the same color as the
walls.

He uses an impedance matching transformer where the antenna connects to the
coax.

I like loop antennas indoors because they don't pick up as much RFI as a random
wire.