Old February 3rd 05, 04:11 PM
Lucky

"Mark S. Holden" wrote in message
Lucky wrote:

Hi guys

I want to pick up a DSP unit for some of my radios. I picked up a Lowe
150
and want to get DSP for it.

I've been looking at some used models like the
JPS NIR-10 and JPS NF-60 DSP Notch Filter.

Have any of you used one of these or can make a recommendation?
I will be using it SSB as well as AM.

Thanks
Lucky

I don't use DSP's often but I've tried a Timewave 59, a JPS NIR-10 and
still
have a W9GR DSP-3.

Of the three, the W9GR seemed to be the most useful. It was designed to
work
with SSB. Unfortunately, they're out of production because of parts
availability, and W9GR is too busy to develop a replacement.

http://www.w9gr.com/

A friend has one we think was used by a government agency and it's the
best I've
heard. He's got an automated search to try to find another one, but he's
been
looking for about 3 years. I forget the brand, but it's obscure.

Mark,

was there more then one model of the W9GR or just one?

So the NIR-10 was not too good on SSB?

Lucky