Old February 3rd 05, 11:29 PM
sean

True.
I wouldn't even think about sending it in, cause like you said that parts
are much easier to come by and that I could try looking for a scrap unit to
get one of them going instead of dealing with shipping charges.

I just wasn't sure on how to measure those inductors that have those slugs
cause there are 4 pins in a square formation at the bottom.

There's a Frost Fest this month at the Richmond Showplace in Henrico County,
VA and I'm gonna see what I can find.

Tnx.

Sean
"Vinnie S." wrote in message
On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 08:16:30 -0500, Vinnie S. wrote:

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 22:51:12 -0500, "sean" wrote:

I am missing the slugs.

I got it a flea market.

Ahh. Can you get them from Uniden? What is going to kill you is shipping.

Vinnie S.

Sean, I was just thinking you should try and get another scrap unit, and

try to
use both to get one working. The problem you are going to have is not the

cost
of components. It's the minimum order bull****, and handling charges. You

might
need $10 of components, and be nailed for $30. RFparts is one of those.

Vinnie S.