Old February 5th 05, 01:06 AM
Giampiero Bernardini

HI all,
I have a Degen 1103. It's a good rx. About the 1108 I suggest to care
about FM section. In the world there are a lot of Dxer looking for a
good FM radio since Grundig Satellit 500 and 700 disappeared. Here are
some important features about FM section, with low cost to implement
it:

1) coverage also of East Europe OIRT FM 65.9 - 74 MHz

2) 3 IF filter (bandwidth, with low price Murata ceramic filters):
narrow 53 kHz for hard dx; middle 110 kHz filters for better RDS
decoding also in dx; large 180 kHz filter for music

3) 10 kHz step possible

4) External antenna possible for FM too

5) RDS with also PI code reading as Sat 700

6) Connection with a computer for RDS decoding and analysis, via
serial port (better) or jack

Features 1 - 4 - 5 and also 6 can be obtained without too many
problems also with Sangean 909. The feature #2 is obtained on Sangean
(only one fix bandwith) changing the 10.7 IF filters with a Murata
ceramic one.

73
Giampiero

wrote in message oups.com...
The designer(also the main engineer of DE1103 & Grundig SAT800) now ask
advise of the receiver function from BCLer, the DE1108 will be the
high-end receiver of DE 110X series, it comes with a large dot matrix
LCD display(128*64) two way speaker system, MP3 recorder, AM sync
detector, SSB, dual conversion, the reference basis is SAT700, it
should has better performance than sony 2001D, 7600G, SW77 even SAT700,
the outline dimensions will be large than SAT700,pls post your thougts
here, I will take the message to the design, thank you!