Old February 5th 05, 01:26 AM
matt weber

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 06:55:02 GMT, Conan Ford
wrote:

"ShortwaveMan" wrote in
link.net:

I have a similar problem. I used push pins pushed into the four
corners around the window in my room and ran hookup wire around that.
The trouble is, this apt. complex has dsl and it really interferes
with shortwave listening. There isn't much I can do about except move
S. Nevertheless, the antenna works well with my dx 394. If I get up
early on, sometimes there is good reception.

DSL interferes with shortwave? Good to know. Now I won't get DSL, but
will stick with a cable modem, with its shielded cable.

I thought that the twisted pairs of phone lines would prevent most signal
leakage.

It does, the problem is that when you can easily detect microvolts, it
isn't hard for a twisted pair that is carring volts to radiate enough
energy to be detecatable at the microvolt level.