Old February 5th 05, 02:58 AM
Brian Denley

Kelly Pierce wrote:
Hello all,

I am the proud owner of a Kenwood R5000 that I bought in 1990. it
was in the
days before the Internet, and I was floored when I checked out this
radio at Erickson electronics here in Chicago. I had heard about the
varied programming and information available on shortwave but this
visit to the store was my first exposure to shortwave listening. The
radio sounded so good and had so many
stations and features for enhanced listening. It was so exciting to
bring the radio home, take it out of the box, string the long wire
antenna I picked up at the store, and listen to people from different
cultures in distant lands. the radio has been everything I had hoped
it could be and I have been attached to it ever since. It has
expanded my view of the world greatly.

Kelly:
I like the sound of my R-5000 just as is. It's not bassy or tinny - sort of
flat but very clear. I do have the front firing SP-430 speaker and prefer
that over the top firing built-in speaker.

--
Brian Denley