Old February 5th 05, 09:59 AM
Ron Hardin

Lucky wrote:
You see I need a notch filter on the HF-150 imo. I was thinking of picking
up just the NIR-60 for now. It's just a notch filter. The 150 doesn't really
need DSP, but it would make it even better. But, I could use a DSP unit with
the rest of rigs except the Icom R-75 which already has superb DSP for the
price.

Be warned that automatic notch filters don't work except on really loud
heterodynes. The weak ones stay there, hour after hour, if you're listening
to some broadcast with a weak het on it.

Manual notch filters take out what you tune them to take out, no matter
how weak.

I never use the automatic notches on any of my DSP's, so useless are they.
--
Ron Hardin