Old February 5th 05, 05:45 PM
dxAce

Henry Kolesnik wrote:

I just got this unit at the ABQ swap and started looking for a a manual with
Google and found that unit is differnt from the ones I've found pictured.
It has 3 Collins mechanical filters. At the top upper left it has a Squelch
control and next to it is a Noise Silencer control. The mode swtich is
labeled AM and SSB/CW. The lettering looks factory done. The filters have
been added on a sub chassis and I'm not sure it is a factory mod or homebrew
but it has been nicely done. The S meter was made by Texas Instruments. It
has some problems including lots of nosie, hetrodynes, etc.. I've only seen
one of these in the past and can recall which version it was, they must be
scarce? Anyone have any info?

Appears to be the Mil version of the SX-73 at any rate, also similar to the
SP600. Seems to be Hallicrafters?

dxAce
Michigan
USA