Old February 5th 05, 09:49 PM
Soliloquy

"John" wrote in news:yWPMd.23137$wi2.2183
@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com:

I would like to trade my Yaesu 857 (box, manual, etc.) for a very good
receiver, please let me know if you are interested

Hi John A.

1. Define "Very Good Receiver"
2. Please describe the condition of your unit, listing: age, scratches,
malfunctions, missing parts (Microphone, Instructions, etc.)
3. How did you come to possess it. (i.e., bought new, bought used, result
of a trade)
3. How would the deal be brokered? Like a Mexican Standoff, through a
competent intermediate, etc.

Regards

Soliloquy

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/3046

Apparently there are 11 pages of reviews of this radio on E-Ham. Although
many people hold it in high acclaim, others describe problems and confusion
with the use and operation of the unit. The reviews include the Yaesu 857
and 857D. The information in any particular review may not be applicable to
this model.