Old July 12th 03, 07:46 PM
G.Beat

"Douglas Harrington" wrote in message
om...
Hello...

Last night (Friday)
I went through the manual and tuned up the radio for 14.075 CW
operation. I then tuned the antenna with the tuner, but could only
get 30 watts out, or the SWR would be over 2 : 1. That was fine since
I was on HF and running CW, so I proceeded to switch to SEND and
started calling CQ. I got as far as: CQ CQ CQ DE KB1JEC/AG KB1JE and
then the meter (set to IP position) pegged and the lights on the radio
dimmed and seemed to go on and off very fast. The overhead lights in
the room went dim. I could hear something, like an arcing noise,
apparently from the finals section (i think?)

Not all 6146 tubes are identical, first find out what tubes were placed in
this
Kenwood.

Then read Glen Zook's K9STH web page article on the 6146 Family of tubes.
http://home.comcast.net/~zcomco/The_...of_Tubes_1.htm

That's a start.

G. Beat
w9gb
--
DO NOT use Reply.
Only reply through ARRL forwarding service to W9GB