Old February 6th 05, 12:07 PM
Lucky

"Lucky" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
Does this happen primarily in AM mode? If so, it could be interference
from another signal on a nearby frequency. If that's the case, tuning
slightly above or below the frequency should help. Shifting over to Su
or Sl might also solve the problem.

Steve

Yes mostly in AM. I tried that but I could still hear the popping. It was
almost gone in An mode though. I have to find the right setup like you
said.

What I find strange is let's say I get a lock on a station in ASu or ASL
and say the little finger hole on the tuning dial is at 1:00 o'clock.
I lose the lock and then moving the dial a little in either direction
doesn't relock it. Say to 10:00 or 3:00

I have to turn the dial a full rotation or more to get a new lock. Is this
normal??

I found out what was going on here.
There are quite a few variables that happen when tuning the radio.

1] Tuning rate changes with speed of dial rotation

2] Tuning rate changes yet again for some other modes

3] Lock can get lost or shift when changing even in other AS modes.

So at first it looked to me like something was wrong. After using it for a
while you see the pattern. All in all I think it's a nifty little radio.
A real novelty item for sure too.

BTW

I remember I asked how much an original Lowe keypad for this radio went for.
Well take a look. Almost $71. I really feel I got a good deal on mine for
$500 since it included the keypad, USA power supply and batteries/orig
manual. The last 150 sold for $465 with no US power supply and no keypad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW