Old February 6th 05, 09:38 PM

Vinnie S. wrote:
I am talking to a local on 38 LSB. I am cutting out after about 2-3
seconds of talking. He says I am fine for about 2-3 seconds, and then
just go dead. Not happening on AM. I switched power mics, with the
same result. Also happend on USB. Then I went and put the radio in
the car, and the problem went away. The local said it's my power
supply not having enough juice. But it's 12 amp constant, 14 amp
surge. It's a PyramidPS-14KX. Again, I am running barefoot with a
HR-2510. Is it the power supply? Should I add more caps for
filtering?

Can anyone help?

Vinnie I hate to say it but you are running a keyclown radio,
and with keyclown radios the previous owners usually go inside
with the golden screwdriver doing "mods" in an attempt to get
more "swing" and more watts, etc. one of the symptoms is
your radio showing SSB output when you're not even talking,
a sure sign of some ignorant tech inside. Get rid of it.