Old February 6th 05, 11:30 PM
Soliloquy

"Honus" wrote in
news:C7xNd.10164$uc.6702@trnddc05:

I noticed that you simply left your reply as a premise, offering you a
way out either way. Take a side, don't leave it dangle. If you feel that
it could be debated, it sways the issue to indicate that you actually
didn't agree with my post anyway, leaving it open to the distinct
possibility that you were unaware of the flow direction. At least DXAce
replied (Huh?) under Howard's assertion that the flow was reversed. DXAce
goes on to counsel me on a move to Canada.

Major apologies if your post was in agreement with mine. I suspect that
it wasn't though, and that you are fishing for a way out of your
ignorance.

Did you see "The Princess Bride"?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093779/quotes

Look at this quote from the movie, depicting a dizzying series of logic
reversals.

You would have to see the movie to appreciate the following. It concerned
a sequence with a supposedly intellectual man. The gist was that one
goblet of wine was to be poisoned, the other not. The intelligent man
would be offered his choice of goblet, not knowing which one contained
the poison.

"Vizzini: Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet,
because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was
given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in
front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would
have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Vizzini: You only think I guessed wrong - that's what's so funny. I
switched glasses when your back was turned. Ha-ha, you fool. You fell
victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is "Never
get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is
this: "Never go in against a Sicilian, when *death* is on the line.".
Hahahahahah.

[Vizzini falls over dead] "

And look, we are back to laughing again. How ironic.

Soliloquy

For all you know I was agreeing with you. No matter how you look at
what you said, it could be argued that your statement was correct. If
the water flows as you said, then your point stands although it can be
debated. But if the water flows as Howard said, you're absolutely in
the right. And -I'm- the stupid one?