Old February 7th 05, 12:22 AM
Howard

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 23:41:41 -0000, Soliloquy
wrote:

Howard wrote in
:

Hey Howard, no problem buddy. Oddly enough, while watching Sherlock
Holmes the other day, they used the word "vitriol". I knew of its use in
language, but it was thrown onto a man's face for revenge of a similar
crime from years before. (hell hath no wrath like a woman scorned, and it
applied in the Sherlock Holmes episode). Anyway, a quick look to the
Webster's Online Dictionary revealed the following.

Main Entry: oil of vitriol
: concentrated sulfuric acid

You learn something new every day.

Regards.

Soliloquy

Glad you used the term buddy, was beginning to think my erroneous
response ignited "Usenet War MCVIII". I shouldn't have relied on a
long ago memory and a map, or at least looked at a topo map which
would've given me the right answer. Anyway, it's off to see at
least some of the Superbowl so the Committe of Un-American Behavior
doesn't start chasing after me. Heard part of an interview with "Sir"
Paul McCartney the other day during which he indicated we need not
worry about any "wardrobe malfunctions" during his half-time
performance 8-}

See ya in future posts,
Howard