Old February 7th 05, 09:57 AM

You are lucky to see the gain you have, considering the lack
of decoupling...Or at least in that pix....Also, thats a
pretty lame yagi, so like you say, not really a fair test...

What lack of decoupling? It's got the
coax inductive choke on the input, 4 turns
of 4" diameter.

If you would read my posts more carefully,
you would be aware that the reason for the low
dBi is that the lobe is 180 degrees, and F/B
ratio limited to around 11dB.

My 3 el vertical yagi would eat that j pole for lunch, being
it has about 9.4 dbi gain...Or about 7.3 dbd....

So what, the Super J-pole in omnidirectional,
so that's not saying much for a Yagi. We could have
easily designed it with more gain, but the frontal
lobe would have been way narrower.

How broad or narrow is the front lobe
of your yagi? How many degrees? Much
smaller than 180 no doubt.