Old July 16th 03, 03:55 AM
Jim Hampton

Thanks for the tip, Carl. Geeze, Analog Devices. I should have remembered.
It has been quite a few years since I worked in Materials Engineering and
actually had a feel for the current state of the art. Heck, I was only off
by a factor of 10 on that clock rate! 10 percent is one thing, but by a
decade! LOL. Be grateful I didn't suggest wiring a bunch of 12AU7s
together in flip flops. Hmmm ... where'd I put that core memory anyways?
BTW, those 400 MHz devices are 10 cents per dozen, right?

I will check out the site, however; again, thanks for the tip.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA aka "trailing edge technology"

"Carl R. Stevenson" wrote in message
news

Some of the newer DDS devices (check Analog Devices' website) are clocking
at up to 400MHz (maybe more by now, as I haven't looked in a few months).

Some provide quadrature outputs.

Some provide on-chip phase modulation and/or FSK.

There are also techniques using harmonic aliases that will allow a
relatively low
frequency DDS to effectively produce a higher frequency signal ...

Lots of interesting stuff in the data sheets and app notes.

73,
Carl - wk3c

---