Old February 7th 05, 10:32 PM
Tam/WB2TT

"Bert Craig" wrote in message
I just received a gift of 10 silver plated body/gold plated pin/Teflon
dielectric PL-259's made by J&I. I normally use Amphenol 83-1SP's for all
my PL-259 needs. I was just wondering if there's be any dissimilar metal
corrosion if I used these with non-gold plated receptacle SO-239's?

Funny thing is...upon looking at some of the SO-239's on my rigs, tuners,
etc., some of them actually sport the gold plated receptacle SO-239. I'd
never even thought to look before, hi.

Any comment re. any experiences w/J&I PL-259's would be greatly
appreciated. Tnx in advance es...

--
Vy 73 de Bert
WA2SI

P.S. Shamelessly soliciting CW QSO's from AK, NE & WY for WAS QRP CW.

Can't swear to it, but I seem to recall a problem with gold/tin interfacing.
Gold migration?

Tam/WB2TT