Old February 8th 05, 03:47 PM
Scott Dorsey

In article , Ed none@this-time wrote:
I am looking for my first tube tester, could I have some things to look for
in a good one? I am mainly interested in post WWII equipment.

What are you testing? Receiving tubes, transmitting tubes? Do you need to
test weird TV tubes like compactrons?

On the whole, I would advise getting the cheapest real transconductance tester
that you can find. Stay away from mutual conductance types. But, if you need
to test something unusual (and 833s and 729s are unusual on testers but
common in ham rigs), you might want more.
--scott