Old February 8th 05, 06:29 AM
mike maghakian

this is useful info !

thanks !

"RHF" wrote in message
oups.com...
MM,
.
Blame it on the Canadian Seller.
.
For 'used' electronic equipment that are bought at Auction.
There is no US Customs Duty for items costing less than $800.
However, if the Canadian Seller does not specifically Declare
(Write Down) that the item is 'used' electronic equipment; or
Declares that the the Item is NEW Electronic Equipment then
you, the Buyer, are stuck with paying the Bill for their mistake.
.
jm2cw ~ RHF
.
.
= = = mike maghakian wrote:
I bought a radio for $215 from someone in canada a few weeks ago and

today I
got a bill from the carrier (purolator) company.

the main items we

estimated customs $15
brokerage fee $18
surety bond fee $30
disbursement of funds $5
FCC filing $15

total was $85 on a $215 radio

for those that have experience with this matter, or actually KNOW

what they
are talking about, I have some questions.

Am I being taken for a ride ?
I didn't sign anything so why should I pay over $50 in fees to these

crumbs
?
Is there a way to fight this ?

thanks