Old February 8th 05, 02:15 PM
Doug Smith W9WI

JShorr wrote:
I've seen advertisements for several magazines -- popular
communications and another US one as well as some UK magazines.

Is it worthwhile to get a subscription to one of these? If so, which
is best?

I'm kinda fond of Monitoring Timesgrin...

Seriously, it depends to some degree on what your listening interests
are. I think Monitoring Times offers a pretty good shortwave program
guide and a variety of interesting feature articles. Plus you get a
bunch of regular columns on other aspects of radio - scanning, building
& repairing equipment, utility/domestic BC/pirate stations, etc..

If you have a radio store in your town you should be able to find single
copies of some or all of these you can check out before making a decision.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66