Old February 8th 05, 05:08 PM
cl

"RADIOMAN" wrote in message
. com...
Have any of you guys seen this.. Someone wants to buy something from
you.. They offer you a check for WAY above the amount you are asking for
your item.. Then they expect you to SEND THEM THE CHANGE!!

WOW..

Now I am no ROCKET SCIENTIST.. BUT THAT'S A SCAM LOOKING FOR A SUCKER!!!

Here is another one. A guy wrote me via the "E-Bay" questionnaire type set
up (a look alike) to see if I could help him. He said a man sold him
something on e-bay and didn't produce the item, wasn't refunding the money
and ignoring all e-mails. This idiot also said, the guy in question told him
that he had dealt with me, his record was clean - blah blah blah...
So, idiot asks me to help him out.... That E-Mail.... when you click on the
box to reply - was not only meant to divert my e-bay "sign in" information
to him - which I didn't insert, it also had a damned Key Stroke virus
attached, which my Norton picked up. I was only going to write to say - I
don't know of the person, sorry I can't help - since it did look legit. As
soon as it asked for my info, I knew it was a scam. BUT clicking on the
reply box had also instantly kicked in the virus. That registered as quickly
as the box for the E-Bay info to be given. The reply line in the window
showed an address too, which wasn't E-Bay.

SO BE CAREFUL - what you open. E-Bay is posting most of their stuff directly
on their web site. Go there to read anything. ANY THING ELSE - QUESTION