Old February 8th 05, 11:23 PM
Jimmie

"John Passaneau" wrote in message
It will not happen anyway. That is not a real problem. The real problem is
most of the gold/Teflon PL259's I've seen are not very good connectors.
One
batch I had was giving me trouble soldering the braid. So I measured the
inside diameter of the area where the 4 holes you solder the braid
through.
It was 0.050" bigger in diameter than the good amphonal connectors I
normally use. It made it hard to solder trying to fill that big of a gap.

I ve had various problems with Gold connectors too. On the last batch the
insulators kept pulling out.There may be some good ones out there but I am
begining to think the gold /Silver is just window dressing for inferior
products.
..