Old February 9th 05, 03:40 AM
uncle arnie

-=jd=- wrote:

It doesn't matter to me if it's a US "thing" or a Canadian "thing", a
Purolator "thing" or a UPS "thing" -- those are (presumably) fees that
*can* be legitimately assessed if you have either a complacent seller or
buyer. Those combined fees, in comparison to the value of the item
purchased, are *CLEARLY* into the percentage range that would trigger a
rapturous orgasm in most any liberal politician.

That's just plain dumb, unless you have a woody for 'liberal politicians'
whatever the horse feathers you think they are. It was a profit-oriented
corporation - you know the kind of rich conservatives that Bush calls "my
base" (that's Al Quaeda in Arabic just to tie in an equally silly
connection). I think these sorts of fees are more likely to give those
sort of Scrooge McDuck types of folks tingles in their naughty bits.