Old February 9th 05, 04:04 AM

Mine has two sockets on the PCB. The ground pins are easy to spot
since they go the ground plane, and the signal pins have a fat trace
that I assume is designed to have a certain impedance.

The two remaining pins on each side are a bit of a mystery. One pin on
each side goes to a loading cap (i.e .two caps, one for each pin). The

I think I have enough info to test the filter prior to opening up the
radio. Wouldn't you know my RF generator doesn't go beneath 1Mhz (I
need a different plug in) and my other function generator that would
conver the range has the sine wave output blown. I'm going to pad down
and cap couple the square wave output, which should be good enough for
a quick visual test.

The AR7030 has a very fine step size of 2.655Hz, though it doesn't
display that fine a step.