Old February 9th 05, 04:10 AM
Michael Black

running dogg ) writes:
Dave Holford wrote:

RHF wrote:
MSH,
.
I have had two Canadian Sellers that wanted regular
USPS Money Orders to Cash at the USPS Post Office
on the US Side of the Border and Mailed the Radio and
the Antenna at the same USPS Post Office in the USA.
.
They both claimed that this process saved them 22%
Combined Canadian Sales Taxes; and eliminated the
Canadian / US Customs hassles and fees.
.
it worked for me ~ RHF
.
.

Not that it really matters in this context; but I have difficulty
figuring out how one gets 22% Combined Canadian Sales Taxes unless they
add an extra 7% or so for themselves. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

Taking it across the border personally is definitely the solution.

Dave

I guess this is the reason why books cost 20% more in Canada than the
US-the same book, with a US price on it that's 20% less than the
Canadian price listed right below the US price.

No, that's because the two country's dollars aren't equal, and there
may be additional cost in getting it here. If a book has enough
demand in Canada, it's easier to add the Canadian price than require
someone to add a price sticker after the fact.

There is clearly quite a bit of cluelessness in this thread.

Michael