Old July 19th 03, 02:46 AM

--Bill-- wrote:
Kim W5TIT wrote:

hear one of the local Extra class hams doing just that on 10M!!!

Kim W5TIT

Sacrilege!!

--
GO# 40

Yeah. I didn't post this as a joke, either. This guy really used to
do it. And, one of the reasons I can't stand HF operation (other than
the biggest reason being the hiss) is that when we Tech+'s used to get
on and do all the "is this freq in use", etc....all the good operating
practices we'd been told were going to be *absolutes* on ham
radio--nearly every time there'd be some General or higher licensee
who'd get on over us and start calling CQ...or would go just off our
freq and begin.

Yep, there were good ones...just as there are good Novices, Techs, and
Tech+'s. But, the bad ones ruin it for everyone.

Kim W5TIT

Well, I don't want to bash 10m as a band but it does seem to attract
some abberant behaviour, and a bit more worldwide than the same that
occurs on 75m and a few selected spots on 20.
Much of the bad behaviour is by CBers faking callsigns - or recent
CB'ers that have become Extras whilst still trying to kick the habit of
being obnoxious.

I'm sure you have some sort of data to back that claim, or no?

--
GO# 40