Old February 9th 05, 05:26 PM
Dave Holford

RHF wrote:
DH,
.
It is my understanding that in Canada there a
.
+ National/Federal Sales/Value Added Taxes.
.
+ Provincial/State Sales/Value Added Taxes.
.
+ Local Sales/Value Added Taxes.
.
These vary from location to location and they do Add-Up
to some rather high Double Digit Percentage Tax Rates
when one simply Buys Something at Home :-{
.
believe it or not ~ RHF
.
.

Federal Value Added Tax = GST
Provincial Sales Tax = PST (In some provinces)

Some provinces combine them into a Harmonized Sales Tax = HST

Maximum should be 15%

I don't know for certain, but I don't believe any cities have general
sales or value added taxes, although some have things like hotel taxes.

Dave