Old February 10th 05, 01:12 AM
kg4vdr

I have a High Sierra Sequoia and have used it with great success. You need a
good radial setup for optimal use, I made a set of eight 10FT long #12AWG
stranded which I arranged in a spoke around the antenna.. I use this for
mobile/portable setup; e-comm and field day. I have a mount on my deck rail
and 144 sq ft of chicken wire under the deck for a ground plane; but the
ground mounted antenna and radials work more efficiently.

I have a Carolina Windom strung up in the trees at home, black wire, fed
with coax buried from the house to the tree line. HOA has never noticed I
have an antenna up.

"jimbo" wrote in message
ups.com...
The "Screwdriver" antennas by Hi-Q, TarHeel or High Sierra look very
interesting for HOA restricted locations. Does anyone have any
experience with one of these antennas? Also, does anyone have
experience using one as a base rather than mobile?

Thanks for any advice, jimbo