Old February 10th 05, 01:33 AM
jimbo

Thanks for all of the great replies! I think one of these antennas is
going to work for my "stealth" antenna. I have read the various web
sites that offer "screwdriver" antennas until my eyes are crossing.
Everyone seems to be trashing eveyone else. Very hard to determine who
is straight and who is bull-------. Can anyone offer some insight into
stuff like coil diameter vs coil length vs "radiation efficiency" vs
anything?

I know that I want full band coverage 10-160, and I only have 100 watts
from my transmitter. So, I can't have an antenna that "eats" 90 percent
of my transmitter ourput. So what should I look for in a "screwdriver"
antenna that will give me the best performance with my specifications
and limitations?

Thanks for any advice, jimbo