Old February 9th 05, 11:34 PM
Mike Andrews

I have a 3/4-inch NMO mount on the top of one of my vehicles. The
antenna is starting to tilt toward the rear (maybe I drive too fast)
due to the thin metal in the trucks' roof. Has anyone found a solution
to this problem?

Put a plate under the roof, if you're willing to remove the headliner,
or on top of the roof, if you're not, to stiffen that area. I think that
under would be better for multiple reasons, and you've got to get into the
headliner anyway to deal with the cable, don't you? You shouldn't need a
_lot_ of plate -- say 6" square or 6"x12", with the long axis oriented
front-to-back. The NMO mounting nut may be enough, or you may want to use a
couple of fasteners to keep the plate straight.

--
Mike Andrews, KE5DMQ

Tired old sysadmin