Old February 9th 05, 09:38 PM
dxAce

bpnjensen wrote:

The EiBi skeds show VOA at 0500-0530 in Hausa to West Africa via

Morocco.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Bingo. From 0300-0430, he *would have* had VOA via Botswana in English
(After I posted, I headed over to EiBi as well). Not yet knowing
exactly where he was when his timer read "9:08 pm" made the report just
mysterious enough to make me wonder, despite the 0508 title time. As
it turns out, he is in Miami, FL - which means that the "9:08 pm"
reading on his post does not accurately reflect his location (0908 is
Pacific Standard time).

While being appreciative of luckydaze's tip, I was also hopefully
making the point that to relay the most useful information, it is
helpful if the reporter includes a few details about when and where he
is. With worldwide subscription to this newgroup, these details can be
important...but you knew that :-)

After all is said and done, it is cool that Botswana photons reached
your radio, luckydaze. Here in California, Africa requently puts in a
better signal than Europe, despite its greater distance. Those polar
disturbances can raise havoc.

Point is though it was not Botswana if EiBi is correct.

Here is Lucky's header as read he

Wed, 9 Feb 2005 00:08:32 -0500

Time stamped here as 12:08 AM

Additionally he himself time stamped it as 0508 utc.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm