Old February 10th 05, 06:40 AM
Telamon

In article .com,
"RHF" wrote:

Telamon wrote:
I have been experiencing some unexplained night time fading lately. An
example of this is Radio Netherlands out of the Antilles during the
04:00 to 05:00 UTC nightly broadcast on 9590.

The fading is over some 10 or 15 minutes time . The signal goes from
over +S9 to S3 over about 30 seconds for a 10 to 15 minute period. Then
it comes back the same way. Anyone else getting this? The only thing I
can relate it to is the solar wind magnetic component swinging plus to
minus.

This has been happening to me evenings for the last week. The fading is
not unlike a daytime path fade from a solar flare.

Is this happening with more than one Antenna
and Radio combination ?

Yes.

Does this 'unexplained night time fading' extend
to any other Shortwave Band besides 31 Meters ?

Yes. Other examples would be BBC on 5975 and also 9525.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California