Old February 10th 05, 03:09 PM
Caveat Lector

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article 9,
Conan Ford wrote:

Crust, and mantle.

And if you keep going there is a hot core and then China on the other
side.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

I thought the antipode of Ventura CA was in the Indian Ocean east of
Capetown South Africa
Gotta dig straight - hi hi
Just FYI
Take the latitude of the place you want to find the antipode of and convert
it to the opposite hemisphere. For example, we'll use Memphis. Memphis is
located at approximately 35° North latitude. The antipode of Memphis will be
at 35° South latitude.

Then, take the longitude of the place you want to find the antipode of and
subtract the longitude from 180. Antipodes are always 180° of longitude
away. Memphis is located at approximately 90° West longitude so we take
180-90=90. This new 90° we convert to degrees East and we have our location
of Memphis' antipode - 35°S 90°E - in the Indian Ocean far to the west of
Australia.
--
Caveat Lector (Reader Beware)
Help The New Hams