Old February 11th 05, 07:43 AM

use your scanner wherever and whenever you damn well want to, and use it
for whatever you want to. How are they going to know?
hmmm... If I modify my AM/FM broadcast band car radio by changing the
frequency by unwinding or winding the coil or however you change
frequencies on the radio, to change the 88 to 108 MHZ to soewhere
between 148 and 160 MHZ, can I sit at MCDonald's with my car windows
open and listen to the Burger King frequencies without geting in
trouble?

It wouldn't really count as a scanner. Just a car radio covering that
frequency.

On the other hand, maybe it would countt as a scanner since it has a
"scan" button on it.

Okay, I don't really know anything about how to change frequencies on a
radio. (well, I don't know much about it).

My point is still be careful when listening. and careful about how and
where you use it. In other words, use common sense.