Old February 11th 05, 03:21 AM
running dogg

MC wrote:

I'm in the Southeast UK with a longwire (about 100) attached to my DX-394.

Between 14:00 and 14:30hrs GMT on Thurs 10th Feb I heard an Australian
Broadcast. If I did then this would be the farthest yet I have been able to
pick up (Previously Peurto Rico).

Now I heard this station between13680 -13689 khz (a lot of drift but I
suspect 13685khz) and as the reception was quite bad I could only pick up
part of their email address - www.planet????.com.au. They played a lot of
Easy Listening/Rock type stuff

Could someone tell me what staion this is and if they do indeed broadcast at
this freq. The nearest I could come up with is Planet Radio broadcasting
out of Brisbane but they seem to be FM only.

The SINPO was roughly 14322

Passport to World Band Radio says that there is an Australian station on
13685 between 0900-1400, although they could be on later than that.
Passport says it is "Voice International" from Darwin. I have no idea
what kind of station "Voice International" is. It's possible that they
were simulcasting Planet Radio.