Old February 11th 05, 06:01 PM
Michael Black

) writes:
Buck,

Thanks for the reply. I'm actually working outside of the US right
now, where the FCC doesn't care and no one else around here seems to.
I met another HAM here who's doing the same thing (with an IC-V8) and
really there is no one here to complain. Rest assured, I wouldn't
care if I were in the states.. And, when I get back to the states if I
don't leave the radio for someone else I'll not be operating it out of
ham bands. :-)

The fact that someone is doing it means nothing. Do you know how
many people over the years have asked similar questions here in
these newsgroups? And much of the time, their logic is that nobody
will know, nobody will care.

Maybe it doesn't matter in another country, but you really should
be checking up on this. You are a guest there, and not only would
you be breaking the law, but you would reflect badly on amateur radio.

There is an arrogance to think that ignoring the laws in another country
doesn't matter, while at home is what counts.

Michael VE2BVW