Old February 12th 05, 04:50 AM
Mike

Monofilament fishing line breaks down very fast in the sun, you might
get a year out of it at best. If you’re going to attach a Dacron, Nylon,
etc line to extend your wire, why do you need an insulator anyway?
Mike

Ralph Mowery wrote:
wrote in message

I'm putting up a long wire antenna for a SW receiver. The area I live
in has severe restrictions, so I need to hide it, or at least have it
not be obvious. For the end insulators I was looking for small, about
1" long skinny plastic or ceramic insulators. I know they used to be
available, but I can't find them anywhere. Can anyone point to a
source for them? All I can find are 3" insulators with a 1" diameter.
These are much too obvious for me to use. Thanks.

Instead of using special insulators just use some monofiliment fishing line
for the ends. You could even cut up a plastic ink pen if you need an
insulator.