Old February 12th 05, 04:14 AM
Vinnie S.

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 19:28:58 -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:

Vinnie S. wrote:

The only thing is that by the time I can save up enough for a $1,500 HF
all band tranceiver, code will be gone anyway.

People have been saying that longer than I've been alive. That and the US
finally joining the rest of the world in the third millennium by adopting
the metric system. Will either ever happen? Probably not while I'm alive.

That is why I am not going to wait. My ham friends told me likely 2006. I
personally have no idea. But apparently most other countries are dropping it,
and the IARU (I think), has requested it. But since the FCC is slow as **** in
moving with these ideas, I will just go ahead and get it. I will not use ith
though.

Vinnie S.