Old February 13th 05, 07:31 AM
Chris

"Richard" wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 21:35:41 -0800 starlord wrote:

Will, I've gotten one tiny step towards getting back on the air. Got a
big
steel whip to put on the old car once I get a mount and cable to go
with it.

Got an old SEARS CB, am only, just couldn't snag a sidebander at all.

Get yourself a body mount for it.
Or make up a 90 degree bracket that has one of those pl259 connector
mounts
on it and mount it to the bumper.
Going with a standard bumper chain mount thing has always been in a PITA.

Find a bolt or plastic push in fastener under the bumper and put a flat
mount on it. Run 2 or 3 braids to nearby bolts for better SWR.

Chris