Old February 13th 05, 03:48 PM
starlord

The bummper on this old 1974 Statllite is mostly for show, there's no real
place to put anything. I'll most likly do as I did with my old caddy in the
far past, get a angle and drill holes for mounting it on one side of the
rear of the body on one side. This keeps the whip out of the way for when I
load my telescope into the trunk and when not in use, I can have the whip
looped over to the front door area. I'll not be able to talk much near the
trailer park, everyone is on brodcast t.v. ant's as there's no cable
reaching down to here. Sometime in the next 2 to 3 months I'll be able to
key up once more. Got a brake on the price of the whip, it was suppost to be
$21.00 but because the rat shack down here had it so long, it's code showed
it as only $16.00 so I grabed it.

KAPA 4318

--

SIAR
www.starlords.org

"Jay in the Mojave" wrote in message
Hello Starloard:

Yeah good going the 102 inch steel whip will work really great on top of
the center of the vehicle.

I mounted a 96 inch Francis Amazer Fiberglass whip antenna on top of my
Red Neck Ford F250 4x4 Truck. This thing really works great. Yeah you
will trim a few low lying tree's and such, buts whats more important
radio perfromance or a few tree hits.

I got a roll of RG8X coax that don't have a lot of use for, maybe you
need some coax and connectors?

Jay in the Mojave

starlord wrote:

Will, I've gotten one tiny step towards getting back on the air. Got a

big
steel whip to put on the old car once I get a mount and cable to go with

it.

Got an old SEARS CB, am only, just couldn't snag a sidebander at all.