Old February 14th 05, 03:20 AM
Mike Coslo

Todd Daugherty wrote:
The Death of Amateur Radio

By

Todd Daugherty N9OGL

It is interesting that what you propose to do would hasten your "Death
of Amateur Radio" in my opinion.

If we get a few hundred more such as yourself that believe that they
need to broadcast their opinions over the amateur bands, more and more
Amateurs will find something else to do with their leisure time, as they
have no room to transmit as the bands fill up with "bulletin free speech
transmissions. All the while transforming the Amateur bands into some
sort of mutant version of the AM broadcast band.

You note that you look for a free space to transmit in. So what? K1MAN
doesn't. He opens up on whoever is on the frequency and threatens those
who don't move. How many more "free speech advocates" will decide that
anyone on "their frequency" is an infringement on their free speech?

I wonder if wattage limits are an infringement on a persons free
speech? Limiting it limits the number of people who can be reached.

Suggestion that Lib net members use an alternative method of getting
their views out is not infringement of their free speech, it is a
suggestion. And not a bad one at that. No one is forcing them off the
air, just suggesting a better venue for their views.

Death of Amateur Radio? Perhaps you have a bigger part than you
realize........

- Mike KB3EIA -