Old February 14th 05, 08:38 PM
Richard Clark

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 02:39:50 +0800, Dan Jacobson
wrote:

The setting: city to the west, mountains to the east. For 2 meter
transmissions, should one feel bad that half the coverage area of ones
vertical antenna is wasted on unpopulated mountains, or might the
mountains reflect most of the signal anyway, especially if right
east of us is an idealized vertical mountain wall? Thus no hurry to
upgrade to a yagi?

Hi Dan,

That's how it works here in Seattle for some. We have a lot of hills
that hide repeater antennas. We also have a lot of mountains that
reflect them (even from the opposite angle).

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC