Old February 14th 05, 06:05 PM
Michael A. Terrell

Chuck Reti wrote:

The 720 was my first rig back in early '60's. It was a nice looking rig
and a good performer for many years. As others have mentioned it does
require an extenal plate modulator for phone operation. I still have its
other companiion piece, the Eico 735 VFO, acquired when I no longer had
to be crystal conrolled.
If you ever see the old "Andy Griffith Show" reruns, you will notice
that a 720 sits on the radio desk with a mike plugged into the key jack.
Never quite figured how that was supposed to keep Andy and Barney in
touch!
--
Chuck Reti
WV8A

By using a carbon microphone, of course!
--
Beware of those who suffer from delusions of adequacy!

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida