Old February 14th 05, 07:12 PM
Caveat Lector

Well lets see if these Ham Radio QSO's that I have had -- would be of
interest to you:
1. A QSO with a Navy dirigible crew member -- flew in the 1930's airships.
2. A QSO with an archeologist in the Central America -- just discovered new
ruins.
3. A WWII Luftwaffe pilot - flew a ME-109
4. QSO with a Swedish Ham -- we talked about Soloman Andre's balloon flight
to the North pole -- in 1897
5. A QSO with a British soldier in the Falklands -- we talked about
Shackletons ordeal in 1908 and the Falkland war
6. An anthropologist in New Guinea -- we talked about a tribe there that was
virtually in the stone age
7. A missionary in the Amazon -- we talked about the tribe he was helping
8. A chap in Australia that was in the outback studying the aborigines
9. A Russian officer in an arctic weather station --- brrr -- we talked
about the incredible working conditions there

Lots more "boring stuff"

If the above is of no interest to you I suggest you have very limited
interests.

--
Caveat Lector (Reader Beware)
Help The New Hams

"Bathrooman" wrote in message
ups.com...
For more than 50 years, some hams have been yelling "Ham Radio is
Dying!" "Ham Radio is Dying!" They came up with all kinds of bright
ideas. Incentive licensing...school clubs...extra-easy study
guides...dumbing down the licensing tests...no code licenses...on and
on. Why do some hams believe ham radio is dying? They are bored with
the hobby themselves! They put together some equipment, strung up
antennas, exchanged signal and weather reports, chased certificates,
collected QSL cards and after a few years or more of this they ask: "Is
this all there is?" Bah Humbug...yup that's about all it is. So what?
What more do you want it to be?